Delight your taste buds with this Keto Blueberry Tea Cake, a low-carb and gluten-free treat that’s perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings without derailing your ketogenic diet. Bursting with the natural sweetness of blueberries and the aromatic flavors of almond and vanilla, this cake is perfect for a cozy afternoon tea or as a delightful dessert for any occasion. Plus, it’s keto-friendly, making it an excellent choice for those following a low-carb lifestyle.
Recipe: Keto Blueberry Tea Cake
For the Cake:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
For the Glaze (optional):
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly powdered sweetener
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
2. Mix Dry Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated erythritol, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
3. Cream the Butter:
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the softened butter until it becomes light and fluffy.
4. Add Eggs and Vanilla:
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the creamed butter and continue to beat until well incorporated.
5. Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures:
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, alternating with the unsweetened almond milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until you have a smooth batter.
6. Fold in Blueberries:
- Gently fold in the fresh or frozen blueberries into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Prepare the Glaze (optional):
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered erythritol, almond milk, and vanilla extract until you have a smooth glaze.
9. Glaze the Cake:
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes, then drizzle the glaze evenly over the top.
Makes 12 Slices):
- Calories: 211
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 6g