Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Cake. Makes the perfect seasonal cake. Infused with the flavors of strawberries and rhubarb, it features a vanilla cake and drizzled with vanilla icing that takes it over the top.
To enjoy a keto strawberry rhubarb coffee cake, it’s an easy way. This cake doesn’t have a crumb topping, unlike most of our keto coffee cakes, , which keeps things lighter.
I simply can’t get enough of rhubarb, it’s fair to say and when it’s combined with strawberries, well it has my heart.
Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Cake
- (measured and sifted)2 cups of almond flour finely milled ,
- 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar substitute
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup melted butter cooled
- (room temperature)1 1/4 cup of sour cream,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (sliced)ONE 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries,
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped rhubarb about 4 stalks
Keto Vanilla Icing
- 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- With butter, grease an 11 x 8 -inch pan .
- After washing and drying, slice the rhubarb and strawberries. Put it aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the salt, coconut flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, and sifted almond flour in a large bowl . Put it aside.
- Allow it to cool after melting the butter .
- Combine the cooled melted butter, sour cream, vanilla extract, and eggs in a medium-sized bowl until they are well combined. Put it aside.
- To the large bowl of dry ingredients, add the wet mixture . Mix the batter with a spatula until it gets well incorporated.
- 1/2 of the sliced strawberries and rhubarb, fold in into the batter.
- To the prepared pan, spread the batter.
- Onto the surface of the cake, add the remaining sliced strawberries and rhubarb pressing them gently onto the cake.
- Until the cake is lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, bake the cake for 35-40 .
- Icing: combine the heavy cream, salt, vanilla extract, and confectioner’s sugar substitute in a small bowl. Note once the cake has cooled, the icing should be made so that it does not harden.
- For 20 minutes on a baking rack, allow the cake to cool before drizzling the serving and icing.
- For up to 5 days, store leftovers in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 21.8g
SATURATED FAT: 8.1g
TRANS FAT: 0g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.8g