Our mother would always make us stuffed bell peppers while growing up. It was a favorite in our house and a perfect meal. By making it for our own family, we have continued that tradition. So we had to find a way to ketofy it after becoming a keto family and here we are with super delicious Keto Stuffed Pepper Casserole.
- 2 tablespoons of oil olive, avocado(sub algae oil work great)
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 3 cups of cooked cauliflower rice
- 1-14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- green chives to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook cauliflower rice. We prefer frozen cauliflower rice in the bag. Grate or process the uncooked cauliflower in a food processor if you prefer to use fresh cauliflower. Do not add any water and place in a microwave-safe bowl. For 4 to 5 minutes, cover and microwave. Remove and uncover carefully, and put it aside.
- Saute your onion in oil in a pan(medium), until it gets translucent. Add ground meat and for approximately 10 min, cook it thoroughly.
- To the pan, add bell peppers, turn heat to medium and stirring occasionally, cover.
- Add your spices, tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste after the bell peppers have softened.
- To blend flavors, continue to cook a couple of more minutes.
- Squeeze out as much as the excess water as you can from your cooled cauliflower rice.
- Combine meat and veggie mixture and cauliflower rice and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese in a bowl(large). Mix thoroughly.
- Into a greased casserole dish(9 x 13), spoon, covering with foil.
- Cook TWENTY FIVE minutes. Take out from oven, remove foil carefully and add remaining shredded cheese(1/2 cup).
- Put in oven and to gently crisp cheese, broil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with green chives.
Per Serving: 260 calories;