KETO SURF & TURF BURRITO. I want to state two things before I get into my inspiration for this recipe. One, I’m not claiming to know the ins and outs of how keto works, and two, I’ve never been on the Keto Diet. I simply researched the foods you can’t and can eat, and for those who want to abide by the rules, I created this recipe, and along the way, want to indulge in some food porn.
How awesome is this thing, with that being said? Long ago, before “Keto” was even a thing, at the end of an alcohol-consumed night, I was passing out into a cheese blanket. Little did I know at the time, for those who want to chill on carbs, this would become not only a phenomenon but also an incredibly delicious thing to eat.
Keyword burrito, keto
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 large burritos
- 8 large uncooked deveined and skinned shrimp
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 large ripe avocado
- (reserving 1 tablespoon of the liquid)1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 large New York cut steak or any boneless steak
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 strips bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
For the bacon:
- With aluminum foil, line a baking sheet. On the sheet, place the bacon. Bake for TEN minutes.
- Flip the bacon and extract the grease. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Place the bacon in a place with a paper towel and put it aside.
For the steak:
- With salt and pepper, season a steak. To high heat, heat a cast iron pan and add ONE tsbp. of olive oil. Add the steak when the oil is shimmering.
- For SIX minutes, cook steak on each side. Put the steak on the side to cool. Slice the steak into 1-inch strips after FIVE minutes.
- With a paper towel, pat shrimp dry. With ONE teaspoon of olive oil, half the garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and salt, and combine shrimp in a bowl.
- Add shrimp after heating a medium-high pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes (or until tails are curled in and ), shrimps are pink on both sides and stir occasionally. From the pan, take it out and put it aside.
For the guacamole
- Into a bowl, add the roasted red peppers, garlic, and avocado with liquid. Mash everything together using a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the (tortilla)cheese blanket.
- To medium heat, heat a large non-stick frying pan. Add half the mozzarella(shredded) and so the cheese is covering the entire surface, spread evenly.
- Until the edges of the cheese starts to crip, continue to fry and the cheese is easily removable from the pan. Place on a piece of parchment and put it aside.
Building the burrito
- In the center of the cheese tortilla, place half the guacamole. Add half the sliced steak.
- Cut the bacon in half. On top of the steak, place half the strips followed by half the shrimp.
- Fold each side of the cheese inward. Creating a pocket, roll the burrito on the opposite side.
Amount per serving.