KETO BACON CHEESEBURGER BURRITO. I’m always trying a better version of food and recipes. It’s not only a challenge, being able to create a variety of beautiful looking food for a multitude of diets, but also very rewarding.
I’ve made a bunch of different “Keto-friendly” burritos to date, where in place of a flour tortilla, I use a 100% cheese blanket. This recipe is a healthy one, however, if you’re counting macros and are into Keto, it is a low carb version of a cheat day meal that would be great to have.
For ingredients, the 100% cheese blanket is an incredible vessel and when filling it with beef, bacon, and cheese, works great (everything is amazing with beef, bacon, and cheese, let’s be honest,). I would normally add the pickles inside the mixture for this recipe, but I thought to get that pickle crunch and taste in every bite, adding them to the cheese blanket would be a sure-fire way. This is the one you need in your life if you’ve wanted to become the Champion of Keto-Friendly Burritos, and you need to try it ASAP!
Keyword burrito, keto
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 burritos
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced pickles (round)
- 1 medium onion diced
- One cup of chopped bacon about 1/2 lb
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
Making the Bacon:
- To a medium-high saucepan/pot, add the chopped bacon. Add ¼ cup of water and for about FIVE minutes, cook until the water has cooked out leaving only the grease behind and the bacon is crispy. Put it aside.
Making the Beef:
- To a medium-high pan, add the chopped onions. Sauté for about FIVE minutes until the onions become see-through and begin to soften.
- To the pan, add the ground beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink. Put the chopped bacon and continue to cook after mixing well.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese and until the cheese melts, mix. Add the mustard and ketchup and combine until the mixture is mixed well. Put it aside.
The Cheese Blanket:
- To medium heat, heat a large frying pan(non-stick). Add half the shredded mozzarella and so the cheese is covering the entire surface, spread evenly.
- Add the pickle rounds to the center when the middle of the cheese starts to bubble and continue to cook.
- Until the edges of the cheese start to crisp and the cheese is easily removed from the pan, continue to fry. Place on a piece of parchment/flat surface and put it aside.
- To the middle of the cheese blanket, add the ground beef mixture using the pickles as a guide.
- Fold each side of the cheese inward. On the opposite side, roll the burrito creating a pocket.
- For the second burrito, repeat the necessary steps and enjoy!
KETO BACON CHEESEBURGER BURRITO
Serving Size: 1