Keto Trifle Dessert. Filled with layers of fresh berries, custard, whipped cream, and pound cake. It’s as beautiful as it is delicious and extra festive and served in a glass dish!
Pound Cake Layer
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups finely milled almond flour measured and sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute, I use Lakanto
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
Mixed Berry Layer
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, (for top layer garnish)reserve 1/4 cup .
- 16 ounces thinly sliced fresh strawberries, (for top layer garnish)reserve half the strawberries unsliced.
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute,
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Keto Custard Layer
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup and two tablespoons(granulated sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- unsalted butter 1 tablespoon room temperature
- (to help thicken the custard)1/8 of teaspoon of xanthum gum,
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- room temperature 2 ounces cream cheese,
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl(medium-sized) . Put it aside
- Using an electric mixer blend on high in a large bowl the butter with the sugar substitute until the mixture is fluffy and light and gets well incorporated.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and room temperature cream cheese and mix well.
- Making sure to mix well after each addition, add the eggs one at a time .
- Lastly, add the dry ingredients: the salt, baking powder, almond flour, and until the batter is fully combined, mix well .
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes in a well-greased cake pan(8-inch) or loaf pan(8-inch) until it gets golden brown on top. Once an inserted toothpick comes out clean, the cake will be done.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes if making cupcakes.
- Prepare the berries layer while the cake is baking . Add the granulated erythritol/monk fruit blend, lemon juice, and berries in a large bowl. Toss until it gets fully coated.
- Heat the heavy cream over low heat to make the keto custard until hot using a medium-sized saucepan.
- Set aside to cool after stirring in the vanilla .
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar-substitute in a medium-sized bowl using an electric mixer until the mixture is pale yellow.
- Pour one 1/4 of the heavy cream mixture into the egg mixture, xanthan gum, salt after the heavy cream has cooled to the touch, and whisk until it gets well combined(this is to temper the egg yolks).
- Add the remaining heavy cream once the mixture has tempered and then pour the cream and egg mixture back into the saucepan and stirring continuously with a wooden spoon for about 5-7 minutes, cook over low heat , or until the mixture begins to thicken. When the pudding is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon without dripping, you’ll know it’s ready .
- Then stir in the softened butter after turning off the heat and stir until it gets well combined.
- Through a fine-mesh sieve, pour the custard into another medium-sized bowl. Over the surface of the custard, place a sheet of cling wrap directly to prevent a skin from forming.
- To the refrigerator, move the custard and for at least 30-45 minutes, allow it to cool .
- Unmold the pound cake and while the custard has time to set, allow it to cool .
- In a large bowl, to make the whipped cream, beat the sugar substitute and softened cream cheese the until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, heavy cream, and until soft peaks form, whip .
Lastly, by breaking the slices of the cake into pieces that fit into the bottom of the trifle dish, assemble the trifle .
- Then followed by 1/3 custard, add 1/3 of the berry mixture. With the cream cheese mixture on top, alternate these layers ending . Garnish with reserved whole berries.
- In an airtight container, store any leftovers covered for up to THREE days in the refrigerator.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 26.6g
SATURATED FAT: 13.4g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.4g
Leave a Comment