A delicious twist on your favorite classic recipe, this KETO ZUCCHINI TUNA MELT is super delicious. Topped with cheese for an easy meal idea and Zucchini boats are stuffed with low carb tuna salad!
I thought about what other ways I could enjoy a tuna melt without bread after making my Keto Chaffle Tuna Melt recipe. Because well, I always have extra zucchini lol, I just so happened to have some zucchini in the fridge!
Probably my favorite low carb vegetable, and for good reason too! It’s can be used in so many different recipes and so versatile.
I started with my easy tuna salad recipe for these keto tuna melts which is already naturally low carb. A delicious match made in heaven. Trust me on this!
IS CANNED TUNA LOW IN CARBS?
Canned tuna is very high in protein, and in water contains no carbs. Virtually no sugar. For the keto diet, this makes it an ideal food, and great for weight loss!
Another great keto food being that it’s high in fat, Mayonnaise contains almost zero carbs.
CAN YOU FREEZE ZUCCHINI BOATS?
Because it will end up mushy once you reheat it, I do not recommend freezing cooked stuffed zucchini. This makes FOUR keto tuna melts.
For up to 3 – 5 days, the tuna salad can be stored in the fridge. At a time, you can always make ONE serving, and just have the tuna salad ready ahead of time.
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 8 MINUTES
total time: 18 MINUTES
FOR THE TUNA SALAD
- 2 cans tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon relish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the tuna salad ingredients, and mix together. Put it aside.
- In half lengthwise, slice each zucchini, and then to scoop out the flesh, use a spoon.
- On a lined baking sheet, arrange the zucchini with the insides facing up.
- With an equal amount of tuna salad, fill each zucchini.
- With an equal amount of shredded cheese, top each tuna melt.
- Until the cheese is melted, bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, for about FIVE minutes, allow to cool.
- Then serve immediately.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 13g
SATURATED FAT: 4g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 8g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 5g
Leave a Comment