LOW CARB HASHBROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE. This is perfect to feed a crowd, great for making ahead, and provides amazing leftovers! Only 2 net carbs per serving and full of protein!
This is a crowd pleasing recipe, when it comes to feeding company or large family, even for those who are not low carb!
Picky kids and hubby approved!
- 1 pound bacon cut into pieces
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 12 ounces daikon radish shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- Grease a in baking dish(13 by 9). Put it aside.
- In a 12 inch skillet, place bacon and heat over medium high heat until it gets crisp. Remove to a paper towel plate(lined).
- In the same skillet, add the radish, pepper, and onion, and for about 5 minutes, heat over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle in pepper and salt.
- In a bowl(large), whisk the eggs and cream together. Put it aside.
- Into the dish, spread half the vegetables. Over the vegetables, sprinkle half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle half the bacon over the cheese. Over bacon, spread remaining vegetables.
- On top, pour the egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate Eight hours.
- When you’re ready to bake; Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Until a thermometer in the center registers 160 degrees F, uncover and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Over the top, sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon and bake 3-5 minutes more or until bacon is crispy, top is puffed and cheese is nicely melted.
- For about Ten minutes, allow to cool before slicing into Twelve pieces.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to Three days.
Net Carbs: 2g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 849IU
Vitamin C: 23mg
Leave a Comment