LOW-CARB KETO GINGERBREAD LOAF is easy to make at home without all the carbs! It is a Copycat Starbuck’s. On top of this sugar free gingerbread loaf, the keto mascarpone cream cheese frosting is outstanding!
TOOLS TO MAKE LOW CARB KETO GINGERBREAD LOAF
- 4 by 8 inch Loaf Pan- perfect sized loaf pan to get nice height
- Unbleached Parchment paper- best for your health!
- Electric Hand Whisk
- Small stainless steel saucepan- without chemicals
HOW TO STORE KETO GINGERBREAD LOAF
Make sure to cover in an airtight container to keep this tasting the best and store in the refrigerator. Use within Four days. Best to not make the mascarpone frosting if you wanted to freeze the loaf until you are ready to serve. Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment first, once you make the loaf and it’s completely cooled, then store in an airtight container in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge and make the frosting. Frozen for up to a month.
- ½ cup Swerve brown sugar sub
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup almond flour (100g)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour (40g)
- One teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flaked
Mascarpone Cream Frosting
- ½ cup heavy cream or (120g)
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese or (120g)
- 2 tablespoon allulose (Optional)(2-3 tablespoon powdered allulose or erythritol, to taste)
- ¼ cup allulose granulated (50g)
- ¾ tablespoon butter room temperature
- 1.5 ounces heavy cream or 40ml
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- With greaseproof paper, line a (4 by 8 in.loaf pan and grease with a little oil or butter.
- In a bowl(mixing), place the butter, egg yolks, vanilla and low-carb sweetener. Cream with an electric whisk until it gets pale.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet(salt, coconut flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and almond flour) and whisk with your electric whisk until it gets just combined.
- Until just below stiff peaks, whisk the egg whites. Whisk into the batter until just combined, do not overcook(it will deflate.)
- Until you can insert and remove a skewer without many crumbs sticking, bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes. It will firm up as it cools, so don’t overcook.
Mascarpone Cream Frosting
- With electric whisk, whisk the cream in bowl until just below firm then with a silicone spatula, fold through the mascarpone.
- To add the frosting to the cooled low-carb gingerbread loaf, use a palate knife.
- In a pan, place the butter and granulated allulose. With a balloon whisk, stir over a low/medium heat, about Three minutes, until it gets golden. Take off the heat if the butter separates, and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Slowly add the cream whilst whisking on a low heat. The mix will bubble(be careful). Take off the heat and if it looks like it’s separating, whisk. Heat for about 1.5 minutes until the caramel coats the back of a spoon and starts to thicken. It should be a runny caramel, as it sets as it will thicken. Depending on your room temperature, cooking times will vary.
- Take it away from the heat and stir in the salt. Pour into a bowl and to stop the cooking process, place on an ice pack. Before drizzling over the frosting, allow to cool down slightly. If you find the caramel cools a bit much and thickens just pop in the microwave to warm back to runny, for 5- 10 seconds.
- You can spoon over the cake any remaining caramel to serve. In a glass jar in the fridge, store any leftover caramel for a week until ready to use.
Net Carbs 5g
Saturated Fat: 15g
Vitamin A: 835IU