A yummy Mexican inspired dinner no one will even know is low carb these Low Carb Keto Chicken Enchiladas lets you enjoy enchiladas when you’re on a keto diet.
Are Enchiladas Keto Friendly?
High carb tortillas are the first thing that comes to mind, when you think of the classic Mexican restaurant recipe or even home-cooked enchiladas. As long as you swap regular grocery store tortillas with the low carb high fiber tortillas, Low Carb Keto Chicken Enchiladas do have a place on a low carb health plan.
- 2 lb chicken, cubed
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- One 4oz can of green chilis, drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 8 Mission Carb Balance tortillas
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
Cook the Chicken
- Over medium-high heat, in a skillet(large), heat the olive oil in the pan. For 3-4 minutes, cook the onions until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and chicken pieces(bite-sized) and cook until the pieces are white on the outside. At this point, the chicken won’t be cooked all the way through, but will finish cooking in the oven. Stir in the green chilies(drained).
- For leftover shredded chicken, making low carb enchiladas makes perfect use!
In Red Sauce, assemble the Keto Enchilada
- With non-stick cooking spray, spray a pan(9×13″).
- To each tortilla, add a large spoonful of enchilada sauce and spread the sauce on one side of the tortilla.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken down the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Either seam side up or seam side down, roll the tortillas up and place in the baking dish.
- Over the top of the keto chicken enchiladas, pour the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Over the top of the low carb enchiladas recipe, sprinkle the rest of the cheese.
Bake and Serve
- Until cheese is melted and the cooked through, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- (if desired)Garnish with cilantro, and serve with sour cream, avocado, salsa, or chives on the side.
- Makes Eight servings.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 29g
Saturated Fat 11g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 16g
Net Carbohydrates 8g
Leave a Comment