THE EASIEST KETO PIEROGIES. With these keto pierogies, you will NOT miss the dough, even my Polish husband Brad agrees!
I experimented with a sweet one and a savory pierogi, but if you are brave, only try the sweet one! -Em
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
(MAKES ABOUT 12 PIEROGIES)
For the “shell”: (we used Sargento)A package of sliced provolone cheese (Because of its calcium content, Provolone cheese offers a number of health benefits; eating moderate amounts of this food provides vital nutrients for production of red blood cells, eyesight, and bone health.)
For the “potato” and cheese filling:
- 12 oz of roasted cauliflower florets (toss in pepper, salt and oil and at 450 degrees, roast)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic Powder Benefits for Health
Support the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Reduce high blood pressure.
Reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Support the prevention and progression of cancer.
Support the prevention of diabetes and reduce blood glucose levels.
Improves liver health.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozarella
- Toppings! Geen onions, sauteed onions, sour cream, bacon bits!
FOR THE SWEET PIEROGI
(if you dare to make them)
- 8 oz farmer cheese
- 6 tablespoons powdered allulose
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (Smelling vanilla can have calming effects on adults too. It can reduce startle reflexes and also provide some relief from sleep apnea. It can be used to reduce your sugar intake because vanilla has fewer calories and carbohydrates than sugar)
- Toppings: sliced strawberries and whipped cream
Make your filling:
- Roast your cauliflower florets, and then to a blender/nutribullet, add them. Add in heavy cream, melted butter, garlic, salt and cream cheese. Blend until it gets smooth.
- Add to a bowl and stir in your mozzarella
Prepare your pierogi shells
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. On a piece of parchment paper, lay out your cheese slices
3. For about THREE minutes, put them in oven until it gets melted but not brown
Fill your pierogies:
1. In the center of the cheese, put about a tablespoon of the mixture.
2. Fold the cheese over and to seal them, press them down.
3. Put them back in the oven for TWO minutes if you need to reheat the shells to work with them. In the oven, warm them and top them with your toppings!
Approximately 490 calories and 5 net carbs per serving. Makes TWELVE pierogies, THREE per serving. Does NOT include the toppings as to how much you use, that will vary according!
Leave a Comment