This Easy Keto Cabbage Lasagna is Low Carb, Grain Free and Gluten Free! It’s a perfectly Delicious Low Carb meal for any night of the week!
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 kilo (2.2 pounds) ground beef
- 2 +1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 80 grams (~4 tablespoons) tomato paste
- 75 grams (~1/2 cup) black olives, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fine grain salt
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon basil, dried or fresh chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 scoop pea protein OR 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast OR 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 500 grams (~4 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- By carefully cutting around the stem at an angle inserting a knife, core the cabbage head. The hole should go about three in. inside the cabbage.
- Submersed in water for twenty mins, hole down, boil the cabbage, until the leaves turns soft.
- Take a pan and while the cabbage boils, heat up two tbsp. of olive oil, and fry the chopped onions until they turns soft. Put crushed garlic, and fry them together until it gets golden.
- Add the pepper, salt and ground beef. Mix it with the garlic and onion, breaking larger meat chunks, and continue heating until the meat just starts to turn brown.
- Add the tomato paste, herbs, olives and Worcestershire sauce, mix it in, and simmer until the sauce is thick and the moisture is mostly evaporated. To thicken the sauce, you may also add nutritional yeast or pea protein. To form layers, set sauce aside .
- Preheat the oven to (395 °F).
- Layering set up: At the bottom of a large lasagna, drizzle some olive oil. Around it, have the pan with a few paper towels, drained of water, the cooked cabbage head, the shredded mozzarella, and the sauce.
- One by one as you need them, gently take out the cabbage leaves whole, and pat them dry with the paper towels. over the olive oil, assemble the first layer of cabbage. You’ll need two or three leaves per layer. Don’t overlap the leaves.
- Add a few spoonful’s of sauce, and tap it down to spread evenly.
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese and optionally spoonful’s of cream cheese. For each layer, use about 1 cup of cheese.
- Add another layer of cheese, another layer of sauce, and another layer of patted dry cabbage leaves. Repeat until you have three layers of sauce.
- To build the last layer / topping: drizzle some olive oil, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and one layer of cabbage leaves.
- Bake the lasagna at (395 °F) for about fifteen to twenty mins, until the cheese is melted. Then, for about five minutes, turn on the broiler to gratinate the top cheese layer. Watch it closely not to burn, when the cheese starts to crust, take it out from the oven, getting slightly browned.
- To set for about twenty mins, let the lasagna rest outside the oven before cutting the slices.
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 319TOTAL FAT: 20.2gSATURATED FAT: 7.1gCARBOHYDRATES: 8.5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 6.3gFIBER: 2.5gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 25.7g