The most amazing and delicious Fluffy Keto Cinnamon Rolls recipe you’ll ever taste. Made with authentic cinnamon roll flavors, almond flour, and WITHOUT using cheese to make this low carb breakfast pastry, keto pastry dough!
Topped with your choice of two sugar-free, gooey icing options, filled with a sweet, buttery blend of spices, fluffy, golden-brown keto buns . Without the effort of making keto fathead dough, these are a quick fix for a roll craving . These buns are perfect for special occasions such as Mother’s and Christmas Day or for an amazing breakfast in the mornings. They are going to be the best rolls you’ve ever had. After trying this one, we are sure that you will never go back !
Because they can be made the night before baking, these easy keto cinnamon rolls are the ultimate make-ahead breakfast treat.
Need More Delicious Recipes
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
- 2 tbsp monkfruit sweetener or other sweetener of choice
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup soured cream
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup erythritol or golden monk fruit
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- a quarter teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a dash of salt
For Buttered Icing
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup erythritol powder
- TWO tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients Cream Cheese Frosting
- EIGHT oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup erythritol powder
STEP 1 DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- STEP 2 Mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum, cardamom, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- STEP 3
The wet is now
- Combine 1/2 cup melted butter, sour cream, and hot water in a mixing bowl.
- STEP 4
It should be rolled flat.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it into a 1/4-inch-thick rectangle with a rolling pin.
- STEP 5
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the golden sweetener, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
- STEP 6
- Spread 2 tablespoons melted butter over the top of the dough rectangle with a pastry brush or the back of a spoon.
- Top the butter with the cinnamon sweetener mixture.
- STEP 7 Make a cinnamon roll log.
- Roll the dough tightly over the filling, beginning at the long end of the rectangle. Cut the dough into even slices crosswise (about 1 inch thick). Arrange sliced cinnamon rolls on a baking tray or dish lined with parchment paper. If the dough is sticky and too soft to cut, chill it for 30-60 minutes before slicing.
- STEP 8: Cook it
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown on top, at 325°F.
- Buttered keto icing (Step 9)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, powdered erythritol, and vanilla extract to make the buttered keto icing.
- Microwave it for TWENTY seconds in case of thick mixture. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.
- STEP 10: Icing with cream cheese
- To make the keto cream cheese frosting, in a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and powdered erythritol until light and fluffy. Spread over cool cinnamon rolls.
What is the best way to make keto cinnamon rolls with almond flour?
The pastry dough in most keto cinnamon roll recipes is made with fathead dough. The fathead dough is made from mozzarella and cream cheese. In low carb baking, Fathead dough is an excellent substitute for dough. It’s mostly used for pizza dough, but it can also be used to make cinnamon rolls, bear claws, bagels, and donuts.
The disadvantage of using fathead dough to make low carb cinnamon rolls is that the rolls taste like cheese. When you bite into a cinnamon roll, you’ll notice an underlying cheese flavour.
This keto cinnamon roll recipe does not call for the use of fathead dough. Instead of cheese, we use a combination of almond flour and protein powder, as well as some leavening agents, to make a fluffy cinnamon roll. The xanthan gum in this recipe helps to keep the dough together. In other low carb cinnamon roll recipes, the structural roll replaces the need for melted mozzarella cheese.
The cinnamon filling’s ingredients
Cinnamon isn’t the only spice that contributes to the delectable keto cinnamon rolls.
This unique spice blend found in the dough and filling creates an earthy, complex blend of flavours. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make these special cinnamon rolls:
Cinnamon \Cardamom \Nutmeg
Options for keto cinnamon roll frosting
Although they are not required to be frosted, I believe keto cinnamon rolls are always better when they are.
Sugar-free frostings come in two varieties: buttered glaze icing and cream cheese frosting. These keto-friendly frostings are similar to those found on traditional cinnamon rolls. Most cinnamon rolls are either glazed with sugary icing or topped with a thick layer of gooey cream cheese frosting.
Cream cheese, softened butter, and sweetener are combined to make the cream cheese frosting. Both are delicious and make excellent low carb pastries.
How do you keep keto cinnamon rolls?
These low carb cinnamon rolls are best when eaten fresh the same day, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a few days.
You can prepare these keto cinnamon rolls ahead of time! They are ideal for Christmas morning breakfast. Simply prepare your cinnamon rolls the night before, but don’t bake them until the morning of.
How many carbs are there?
The carbs for this keto cinnamon roll recipe are as follows:
Carbohydrates in total: 4.2g
1.9g net carbs
Of course, these figures will vary depending on the size of the serving, the frosting, and the amount of frosting used.
Is cinnamon permitted on the keto diet?
Yes. The keto diet allows cinnamon.
1 tablespoon cinnamon is used in the entire recipe, which serves 8 people.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 4.2g
Net Carbs 1.9g