KETO CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES. I’ve tried a lot of cinnamon rolls and the ones made with fathead dough are by far have been my favorite. But if it would hold up in a waffle iron, I wasn’t too sure. I mean, I figured it would burn easily because it’s mostly cheese.
Topped with a sweet cream cheese icing, homemade cinnamon roll flavored Belgian waffles! A low-carb breakfast has never been better!
Really easy to make, these Keto waffles are such a nice change from traditional waffles with all the added flavors of the beloved cinnamon buns!
And a tasty cream cheese icing is drizzled over the top to add even more cinnamon roll flavors to these gluten-free waffles. And the best news(only 2 net carbs per waffle). You can’t beat that!
Along with a little oat fiber mixed in with the almond flour, whipped eggs whiles make these waffles light and crispy and guaranteed Keto friendly!
I just made a delicious and super easy waffle and with a yummy cream cheese frosting, topped it.
I think it should work fine if you want to give it a try with coconut flour instead!
You’d definitely want it similar to a cake batter for the consistency.. and the xanthan gum is a MUST because it didn’t work when I’ve tried it without it. It was super disappointing and the waffle just fell flat.
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp butter – melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ONE tbsp heavy cream
- Whisk together the waffle ingredients in a mixing bowl. Onto the waffle iron, pour, and close the hatch. Mine took approximately TWO minutes, cook until done – until a nice brown color.
- Place the topping ingredients into another mixing bowl while your waffles are cooking.
- Until the cream cheese has melted, microwave (30 seconds) or heat on (low) the stove.
- Onto a plate, place the waffles and on top, spoon the cream cheese frosting!
This makes roughly THREE waffles.
Nutritional Information per waffle:
NET CARBS: 2.6
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 3 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 237
TOTAL FAT: 22.4g