KETO BURGER BOWL, A quick and delicious low carb keto meal that in under 30 minutes, comes together . For those nights you want to throw everything from your fridge into one recipe, there is minimal clean-up and it is an amazing meal .
When you just crave a juicy burger, there are those days , well I have the perfect low carb, keto-friendly recipe! In one bowl, you get all of your favorite burger toppings, and for this burger bowl in your fridge, you already have most of the food needed .
WHAT IS A KETO BURGER BOWL?
Good question! Except a burger version, it is comparable to a taco salad or a burrito bowl. Instead of on a bun, it contains all of the delicious parts of a tasty burger, but in one bowl . You get all of your favorite parts of a burger in one bite with no mess by putting your favorite burger ingredients on top of a bed of lettuce.
For this recipe, I like cooking with turkey , but feel free to trade it for beef, chicken, or pork.
You can use butter lettuce or any greens of your choice but I typically use green leaf lettuce.
Feel free to leave them out if no a fan of onions or tomatoes .
You can use a lentil burger or any plant-based burger recipe to make a vegan burger bowl
For Whole30 and Paleo, you can leave out cheese .
You can keep it as a patty instead instead of crumbling the meat.
Serve with/without fries.
Course Main Course
Keyword burger bowl, ground turkey burger
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 1/3 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce butter lettuce
- (roughly chopped)2 strips cooked crispy bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers
- 3 sliced pickles
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- (cut into halves)2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red onion chopped
OPTIONAL: for Whole30 and Paleo, leave out
1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese
2 tablespoons Whole30 compliant avocado oil mayonnaise we use Primal Kitchen
(we used Primal Kitchen)1 tablespoons Whole30 compliant ketchup
1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat in a large skillet, add ground meat and season with pepper, salt and garlic powder. While crumbling and drain any excess grease, cook until it gets brown.
- With greens, assemble bowl starting then add browned meat and around meat, arrange remaining toppings .
- For the sauce, mix the ingredients together, top over burger bowl.
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Leave a Comment