Keto Low Carb Turnip Fries. A great low carb alternative to regular potato fries, these turnip fries are !
Have you eaten turnips before? Until I first tried this recipe, I can’t say I have !
Is Turnip Keto Friendly?
I would eat parsnips or carrots if I wanted a root vegetable, pre-low-carbing days .
How to Make
Peel them to prepare the turnips and cut them into matchsticks.
To a bag or bowl, add oil, onion powder and paprika , then add the turnip. Pretty much the same method as my zucchini fries, a plastic sealable bag works well for this ! So that they are fully coated in the mixture, move the turnip around inside the bag or bowl .
Into a baking pan, pour some oil – with a high smoke point, you’ll need to use one , to crisp up the turnip, as you need it to get pretty hot . Depending on what you prefer and what your diet allows, something like sunflower, canola, peanut or corn oil would be good.
In a preheated oven, place the pan . Remove it after 5 minutes and carefully the oil might splash, add the turnip . Season with salt and pepper, the turnip fries , then about TWENTY FIVE minutes, roast until they start to crisp up .
Like thyme or parsley, sprinkle over some fresh herbs to serve. To steak, these fries are the perfect side dish – but I’ve also been known to eat them on their own! Or with mayo or low carb ketchup, you can simply serve them !
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
- 2 large turnips
- 6 tbs oil, divided
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme or parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Peel the turnips and into matchsticks, cut it .
- To a bag or bowl, add paprika, onion powder and 2 tbs of the oil , then add the turnip. In the mixture, turn to coat .
- To a baking pan, add the remaining oil and for FIVE minutes, place in the oven .
- Carefully to the hot oil, add the turnip , then with salt and pepper, season .
- Until starting to get crispy, roast for TWENTY FIVE minutes .
- To garnish, over the top, sprinkle some fresh herbs like thyme or parsley .
(quarter of the recipe)5g net carbs per serving
4 Serving Size
Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 1g
Net Carbohydrates 5g
Leave a Comment