Keto Cheesy Bread
On more than one occasion where I’ve single-handedly polished off an entire serving of cheesy breadsticks AND still had room for my entrees, before I started a keto diet. I always have a second stomach for anything with cheese and and carbs these were no exception.
Analyze what this dish actually is, shaped into an oval, it’s essentially pizza dough and covered in melted cheese. I haven’t cut these foods out of my diet, since going keto. They’ve made more of a presence ,on the contrary. As someone who still enjoys on a regular basis cheese, bread, and pizza, recreating this was a no brainer.
What you’ll need to make this recipe
For the dough
- Mozzarella cheese– Low moisture mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese– Full fat cream cheese (softened).
- Eggs-Room temperature eggs.
- Almond flour– Blanched almond flour.
- Baking powder– used as the leavening agent.
For the topping
- Mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese– gives the cheese bread the stretch we love
- Parsley– To serve.
How to make keto cheese bread?
- Start by preparing the dough. Combine the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and until both kinds of cheese are mostly melted, microwave in 20-second increments. Take the bowl out from the microwave and whisk together until it gets smooth.
- Next, add the baking powder, almond flour, and melted cheeses, along with the eggs into a food processor. Regularly scraping down the sides, pulse everything together, until a mostly uniform dough remains.
- Onto a kitchen surface, place a sheet of parchment paper. Onto the paper, transfer the dough and place the 2nd piece of parchment paper on top and out into a large, roll the dough, oval shape. Remove the top sheet of paper and onto a large baking dish, transfer and reserving half an inch around the sides, sprinkle the parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Until the edges are golden and the cheese has melted, bake the cheese bread for 10-12 minutes. Take it out from the oven and and to slice into pieces, use a pizza cutter. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Tips to make the best recipe
- You may find dough to be quite sticky. To make it easier to knead and shape, lightly oil your hands.
- Attach dough hook before mixing everything together- the dough will have a better texture and be much smoother.
- You may add some pizza toppings on top, like Italian seasonings, mushrooms, olives, and pepperoni.
- Storing, freezing, and reheating instructions
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, for up to Five days, completely covered.
- To freeze: ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Microwave the bread for 20-30 seconds, until the cheese is melty.
What to serve with keto cheesy bread
- Marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, cheese sauce, salsa, or even guacamole.
For the dough
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- shredded and low moisture 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
For the topping
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400F. With parchment paper, set a baking tray and put it aside.
- Take a bowl and whisk together the baking powder and almond flour. Combine the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20-second spurts until it gets warm. Whisk together until it gets smooth and combined.
- Into a food processor, transfer the melted cheese with a dough blade attachment. Add the dry ingredients and eggs and blend until the dough is smooth.
- Into a large oval shape, roll out the dough. Leaving ½ inch around the sides, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Until the cheese is golden brown, bake the cheese bread for 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Slice lengthways.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, for up to Five days, completely covered.
Ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to Six months.
Microwave the bread for 20-30 seconds
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 267IU | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 3g