“I just love these Ultimate Keto Buns. They are even better than wheat bread and so light and fluffy and ! Delicious and fluffy low-carb Keto Buns suitable for the ketogenic diet.
How To Make Keto Buns
These can be made in 2 ways, both work equally well.
- Method 1 (with boiling water).
- Method 2 (with lukewarm water):
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Meal/Flour,
- 1/3 cup Psyllium husk, ground,
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour,
- 1/2 cup Flax Seed Meal,
- 2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Two tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 5 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 6 whole Egg Whites
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. To measure all the ingredients, use scales carefully. Do not use whole psyllium husks -. remember to weigh it before adding to the recipe, if you get already prepared psyllium husk powder. We prefer whole psyllium husks that we grind our self.
- Different products have different weights per cup, don’t use just measure cups – !
- Apart from the sesame seeds, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (salt, coconut flour, ground flaxseed, cream of tartar, garlic and onion powder, Erythritol, baking soda, psyllium powder and almond flour).
- Using a mixer, put egg whites and eggs and process well until there s a thick dough. Put boiling water and mix until it gets well combined.
- Make the buns by using a spoon and place them on a non-stick baking tray. Make sure to leave some space between them as they will grow in size, so . Might even use small tart trays.
- With sesame seeds, top each of the buns and press them into the dough, so they don’t fall out.
- Put in the oven and heat for about forty five mins.
- Take it out from the oven, let the tray cool down and on a rack, place the buns to cool down to room temp. If you plan to use them in the next couple of days, store them at room temperature or in the freezer.
- Top with cream cheese or butter or any topping you like. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment