Keto Cheesy Chicken Taquitos – Made with leftover shredded or rotisserie chicken, these low carb chicken taquitos have lots of cheese, rolled in a low carb tortilla, and fried until it gets crispy.
Keto Chicken Taquitos – Notes
Chicken – Use any leftover chicken or pre-cooked store-bought/homemade rotisserie chicken, this is a great meal prep dish, make them in batches, and use them to make delicious meals, whenever you need chicken.
Tortilla – I am using Mission Carb Balance Tortillas. They taste like regular tortillas and with only 6 grams net carbs, are soft. Try Julian Bakery keto tortillas for gluten-free which contain only ONE gram of net carbs.
Oil – You can use lard, coconut oil, tallow and duck fat, my go-to option is avocado oil.
Air fryer – In the air fryer, make these keto cheese chicken taquitos, To 400°F, preheating the air fryer, for about 7-9 minutes, place the taquitos in the air fryer basket or until it gets crisp. To ensure they do not burn, check occasionally.
Filling – Sub spinach with tomatoes & green onions for the filling, they will still be yummy & perfect.
Cheese – Use any type of cheese(you prefer). Because of its mild flavor, I prefer mozzarella. pepper jack, provolone, or cheddar will also work just fine.
Store – For up to 1-2 days, you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator. Before serving, gently warm them. For up to 3-4 days, the chicken mixture will be good.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 5 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- (or green onions/tomatoes) TWO cups spinach, chopped
- (or rotisserie chicken) THREE cups shredded chicken
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- (or olive oil) avocado oil for frying
- Over medium-high heat, heat a skillet, add avocado oil(enough to fry) and it should cover half of a wrapped taquito.
- Add salsa, shredded cheese, cream cheese, spinach, sour cream, and shredded chicken in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until it gets well combined.
- Add about 1/2 cup filling in a tortilla and roll the tortilla. For the remaining tortillas, repeat.
- At a time, add 2-3 taquitos and on each side, fry for ONE minute until it gets golden brown.
- Remove and place on a towel(paper-lined).
- Top with guacamole, pickled jalapenos, salsa, or sour cream.
Julian Bakery Keto Thin Wraps
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 10g
Net Carbohydrates 5.2g