KETO LOW CARB SWEET CHILI CHICKEN. To fry the chicken, this Sweet Chili Chicken recipe uses egg white protein powder and the Chili Sauce is completely Sugar Free/Gluten Free.
THAI SWEET CHILI SAUCE
A low carb sweet chili sauce that could be thickened up without having to use cornstarch, sugar or honey, I was wondering how I could make. Its stickiness and sweetness is the greatest aspect of a Thai sweet chili sauce. To get that perfect consistency, you have to use so much sugar.
I used orange marmalade for this recipe because there aren’t many products that are similar to honey in the low carb world.
Find a sugar-free version though, you really have to make sure! You really have to look at the label carefully! Make sure your marmalade is only sweetened with the orange fruit because most brands will include either sucralose, maltodextrin or asparatame.
So that it would end up spicier and more red in color, I altered the Thai sweet chili sauce recipe! It became even more sticky and red because the sauce was cooked down in the frying pan!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Total Time25 minutes
SERVINGS 3 SERVINGS
Keto Paleo Fried Chicken
- ▢(about 4 thighs) 500 g (17.64 oz) boneless chicken thighs
- ▢⅜ cup (0.38 cup) egg white powder
- ▢1 (1 ) egg
- ▢½ tsp (½ tsp) salt
- ▢½ tsp (½ tsp) black pepper
- ▢(I used lard) oil for frying
- ▢½ (½ ) yellow pepper
- ▢5 florets (5 florets) broccoli
- ▢½ (½ ) red pepper
- ▢½ (½ ) onion
- ▢1 tbsp (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- ▢1 tsp (1 tsp) sesame seeds
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- ▢6 tbsp (6 tbsp) thai sweet chili sauce
- To a pot, add the lard and heat to 266-284F.
- Into bite size pieces, cut the chicken thighs. Add the chicken and egg in a large bowl. Until the egg has coated the chicken pieces thoroughly, mix well together.
- With the egg white protein, mix the salt and pepper.
- In the egg white protein powder, dip each piece of chicken, one by one. After making sure all sides of the chicken is coated, add it to the hot oil. For 3-5 minutes, fry in batches or until the inner temperature registers at 149F or higher, inserted inside the chicken thigh.
- From the hot oil, remove the chicken and to absorb the excess oil, onto a tray or paper towel.
Sweet Chili Sauce
- To a small bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix to combine.
Sweet Chili Chicken
- Into bite size pieces, cut the peppers. Slice the onions. Into a few pieces, slice the broccoli florets.
- Heat the sesame oil and add all of the veggies in a large frying pan. Until the onions are soft, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- To the frying pan, add the fried chicken and the sweet chili sauce. Stir and for another 2 minutes, cook, making sure the sauce has coated all of the chicken and veggies.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- It’s ready to eat!
- You’ll be adding a bunch of carbs to your dish so make sure to find a SUGAR-FREE marmalade!
Keto Low Carb Sweet Chili Chicken
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8.51g53%
Polyunsaturated Fat 8.44g
Monounsaturated Fat 13.11g
NET CARBS 11.88g24%
Leave a Comment