KETO QUICHE WITH MASCARPONE & ASPARAGUS. I mentioned that I was working on a new recipe for a pie crust a few weeks ago and I just perfected it last night! To see if it would go well with savoury recipes, I decided to make myself a quiche with it and it was just absolutely amazing! I created this simple but delicious crust by using a combination of almond and coconut flour! To make it go better with savoury dishes, I also added different spices.
I had some mascarpone in the fridge I decided it to make it with that because initially, I wasn’t sure what type of quiche I wanted to make. I added some asparagus, mushrooms and ham to it and topped it with a bit of cheddar cheese. Mascarpone is my favourite one to put in lasagna and it’s one of my favorite cheeses on earth. It goes well with any type of ingredients and has such a nice flavor!
I had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner today because this quiche is so good!! As a side tonight, I had it with some fried pork jowl pieces. I decided to use a 9 inch cheesecake springform pan for the pie crust, because instead of a traditional pie crust, I wanted it to have high walls. When it has a beautiful long crust like this, I think quiche looks much nicer!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time1 hour 10 minutes
SERVINGS 6 SLICES
NET CARBS 4.56g
Savoury Gluten-free Pie Crust
- ▢(130g/4.5oz) 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ▢½ tsp salt
- ▢1 tbsp butter
- ▢½ tsp thyme
- ▢½ tsp sage
- ▢(35g/1.2oz) ¼ cup coconut flour
- ▢½ tsp parsley
- ▢½ tsp garlic powder
- ▢1 egg
- ▢(250g/8.8oz) 1 cup mascarpone
- ▢60 ml heavy cream
- ▢3 eggs
- ▢(50g/1.7oz) ½ cup cheddar
- ▢2 stick asparagus
- ▢(60g/2.11oz) ½ cup ham
- ▢½ tsp parsley
- ▢¼ tsp salt
- ▢¼ tsp black pepper
- ▢3 mushrooms
- ▢¼ tsp nutmeg
- Slice the mushrooms and dice the ham. Cut off the stems of the asparagus. In half lengthwise, slice the asparagus.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Into a bowl, add the pie crust ingredients and until it forms a ball, knead together.
- Over a 9inch springform pie, spray some oil. Into a circle, cut a piece of parchment paper and place it over the the bottom of the springform pan. This makes it easier to take the quiche off the pan.
- Onto the bottom of the pan, add half of the pie dough, press with your fingers and until you have the bottom layer of the crust, spread all over. Take the other half, small pieces at a time, and to make a tall wall, press the dough onto the side. About a 2inch length should be perfect.
- Add the mascarpone and heavy cream in a large bowl. Until nice and creamy, whip together with a whisk. Add the eggs and whisk again. To the cream, add the mushrooms, ham, spices and ½ the cheddar and mix again.
- Inside the pie crust, pour the quiche liquid. Top with the last half of the cheddar cheese and over the egg mixture, place the sliced asparagus.
- For FIFTY minutes, bake in the oven. Before taking it out of its pan, let completely cool.
- Carefully run a knife around the sides, when it’s completely cooled. By spraying the oil in the beginning, they should already be pretty loose. Take quiche out of pan and it’s ready to serve!!
- It’s guaranteed to be extremely delicious whether you can eat it hot or cold!
You can use a pie mold if you don’t have a springform pan.
KETO QUICHE WITH MASCARPONE & ASPARAGUS
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 18.83g118%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.97g
NET CARBS 4.56g9%
Leave a Comment