It’s is one of my favorite copycat recipes that I have been making for as long as I can remember. Keto Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken has always been a family favorite and so it was a must to come up with a low carb.
- (pounded to 1/2 inch thickness) Four boneless skinless chicken breasts,
- Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
- 6 bacon slices
- 1/4 cup regular mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
- 2 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
- With seasoning salt, first, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts. For 30 minutes, cover and refrigerate.
- In a skillet (large), while the chicken is in the refrigerator, heat bacon until it gets crisp. Take out the bacon and put aside.
- For Three to Five minutes per side, saute chicken in the bacon grease, or until it gets browned.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish(9″ × 13″).
To make the Honey Mustard:
- Take a bowl(small) mix the dried onion flakes, honey, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Over each piece of chicken, spread some of the Honey Mustard, then layer with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and mushrooms.
- For 30 minutes, bake in a 350° oven, or until chicken is done and cheese is melted.
- Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce.
Saturated Fat: 13g
Vitamin A: 330IU
Vitamin C: 4.6mg