Keto Stuffed Peppers. One of our family’s favorite dinners. It’s topped with plenty cheese! As it’s a naturally low carb recipe, packed with healthy vegetables so it’s great for those of you on a Keto diet, plus it has only about 8g net carbs per serving.
low carb stuffed peppers faq’s
How long do they take to cook?
To pre-cook the empty bell pepper shells, about FIFTEEN minutes and then for a total of one hour, a further FORTY FIVE minutes in the oven.
Can I make them ahead of time?
you sure can! you can simply reheat them.
What’s the best way to reheat them?
In a hot oven at 350°F until they are hot in the middle.
How many net carbs per serving?
12 grams total carbs and 8 grams net carbs.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Carbs: 12 g
Net Carbs: 8 g
Protein: 22 g
Keto Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Lean ground beef (90/10)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Bell peppers
- (finely chopped)1/2 cup Onion , 60g –
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- (finely chopped)
- ONE tbsp Fresh parsley ,
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- (finely chopped)
- 6 oz Mushrooms (4 large) ,
- 3 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Cut the tops off the Bell peppers and scoop out the seeds and stems from each pepper using a spoon.
- Into an oven proof dish, place each Bell pepper and bake them for FIFTEEN minutes, then to 350°F, reduce the oven temperature.
- To a skillet, add ONE tbsp olive oil and saute the onions until they are golden brown, then put it aside.
- To the same skillet, add remaining tbsp olive oil and brown the ground beef until it gets fully cooked.
- For topping the stuffed peppers, set aside 1/3 cup (80mls) of tomato sauce.
- Mix the 2/3 cup tomato sauce, onions, Worcestershire sauce, fresh parsley , salt, pepper, finely chopped mushrooms, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and cooked ground beef.
- Simply pour it out before you stuff them if the pre cooked empty peppers may have liquid in the base.
- With the tomato and meat mixture, stuff the bell peppers and into an ovenproof baking dish, place upright.
- Onto the top of each pepper, spoon over ONE tbsp tomato sauce.
- To 350°F , make sure you have reduced the oven and then with foil, cover the peppers and bake for THIRTY FIVE minutes.
- From the oven, remove the peppers and top with the cheese, until cheese is bubbling, bake for a further TEN minutes. Serve hot.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Keto Stuffed Peppers – Italian Style
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g38%
Vitamin A 828IU17%
Vitamin C 102mg124%