You must have thee amazing Spicy Chorizo Meatballs. Actually, do yourself a favor and make the whole package. After wrapping them in cabbage leaves with lots of delicious fillings?? It’s undoubtedly really good and a complete meal that the whole family will love. It’s undoubtedly really good and a complete meal that the whole family will love.
We didn’t find these to be super spicy, in spite of the chorizo but added cayenne gives it a kick. Omit the cayenne if you don’t like spice and you’ll be ok. Even the kids will love these.
You can also just saute this meat mixture if you’re planning to make the tacos but don’t feel like going the whole meatball route, and spoon it into the shells. Easy-peasy and super fast!
- 1.5lbs ground beef
- 8 oz mexican chorizo (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- 2 Tbsp salsa (sugar free brand)
- oil for frying
- Take a bowl and mix all of the meatball in it.
- Shape the meatballs into about 30 one and a half inch balls.
- Take a non stick pan and in batches, heat some oil and saute the meatballs until they turn golden brown on all sides. Takes about three mins per side.
- Take it out and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
place three meatballs to make tacos, and in a large white cabbage leaf whatever taco fixin’s you prefer – fold and eat. Yum!
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3g net
- Protein: 20g