Such a tasty, gluten-free, low carb, budget-friendly, comfort food meal. KETO SALISBURY STEAK AND GRAVY
Smothered in rich mushroom gravy, and savory seasoned ground beef patties, this will be sure to bring back childhood memories.
I have been served my fair share of the awful frozen TV dinners growing up in the ’70s. Except for the Salisbury steak and gravy variety, all of which were terrible.
Paired with low-carb cauliflower mash or even a side salad, this low-carb entree would be excellent.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RECIPE?
Why is it called Salisbury steak?
Named after James Salisbury has been used since 1897 in the United States.
To thicken the gravy, what can I use instead of Xanthan gum?
Unflavored gelatin (while whisking continuously, ½ tablespoon to 1 tablespoon slowly sprinkled into the gravy).
Instead of Worcestershire sauce, what can I use?
With tamari sauce or coconut aminos, you can replace the Worcestershire sauce.
PREP TIME 6 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
TOTAL TIME 26 mins
COURSE dinner, Main Course
CALORIES 389 kcal
Salisbury Steak Patties
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese powder texture kind
- One large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ⅓ cup 4 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- ½ cup beef broth
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Combine all the Salisbury steak patty ingredients in a large mixing bowl. To mix together, use hands.
- With the meat mixture, form FOUR patties.
- In a large pan, heat avocado oil over high heat, and to the pan, add patties. Until completely cooked through and browned, cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- To a plate, transfer patties and put them aside.
- Too low, turn pan heat. Add butter and to deglaze, scrape the pan. while whisking into the butter, add minced garlic and sprinkle in xanthan gum using a fork/small whisk.
- To the pan, add water, beef broth, sliced mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- To medium, turn up the heat and bring to a bubbling simmer. Reduce heat(to medium-low), cover with a lid, and for 4 to 5 minutes, simmer.
- Stir in salt and pepper. To the pan, return the patties with the gravy, spoon gravy over the patties, and with the lid, cover the pan to let warm for 2 to 3 minutes.
*based on the products I used, all nutritional data are estimates*
Serving size: 1,
Net Carbs Per Serving: 4g,
Amounts per serving-
Serving: 1patty with ¼ of gravy
Saturated Fat: 11g
Vitamin A: 113IU
Vitamin C: 1mg