KETO CHAFFLE SANDWICH WITH BACON AND EGG. Made with crispy bacon, egg, and cheesy chaffles, try this recipe for a keto breakfast sandwich! This recipe is high in flavor and low in carbs. Perfect for busy mornings, it’s so quick and easy to make.
KETO BREAKFAST CHAFFLE SANDWICH
A recipe that you can actually hold, here’s a keto breakfast sandwich! In this twist on the tradition bacon and egg breakfast sandwich, savory, cheesy chaffles take the place of bread.
That will keep you happy and full for a long time, chaffle breakfast sandwiches are a delicious meal. This recipe will definitly replace any cravings you have for fast-food breakfast sandwiches — and really hits the spot.
VARIATIONS ON THE CHAFFLE RECIPE
To create new types of chaffles, you can add all sorts of flavorings to plain chaffle batter.
With different kinds of cheese, try experimenting. I also like to use Monterrey Jack, Colby, mozzarella cheese, etc, but Cheddar is the original flavor.
Add spices such as assorted herbs, Italian seasoning, Everything But the Bagel seasoning, or garlic powder.
Use mild mozzarella cheese, and add 1 tsp or 2 of sugar-free maple syrup to the batter for a sweet “McGriddle” type of chaffle.
You can add a teaspoon of coconut flour or a tablespoon of almond flour to the egg mixture for even lighter chaffles. Add 1/4 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt for the ultimate fluffiest chaffles.
For the chaffles
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
For the sandwich
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 slice Cheddar or American cheese.
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Mix together egg and shredded cheese in a small mixing bowl. Stir until it gets well combined.
- Into the waffle maker, pour one half of the waffle batter. Until it gets golden brown, cook for 3-4 minutes. With the second half of the batter, do same.
- Cook the bacon until it gets crispy, turning as needed in a large pan over medium heat. On paper towels, remove to drain.
- Fry the egg over medium heat in the same skillet, in ONE tbsp of reserved bacon drippings.
- Heat until you get the doneness you want.
- Assemble the sandwich.
In one waffle, you may cook the whole amount of batter if you are using a larger size waffle maker. With the size of your machine, this will vary.
- Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine
- Gluten Free Almond Flour
- Anthony’s Organic Coconut Flour
- Dash Mini Maker:
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 51g
SATURATED FAT: 25g
TRANS FAT: 1g
UNSATURATED FAT: 21g