This is a pretty easy and delicious keto chili recipe excluding beans. You can make it in a Crock Pot slow cooker or Instant Pot pressure cooker which is going to be loved by the whole family. You can make it with using common ingredients & 15-min prep time.
With the cold and dreary days of January in full swing, almost everyone craves comfort food, so you’re going to love this low carb keto chili recipe in the Crock Pot and Instant Pot, too!
IS CHILI KETO?
Traditional chili is not keto friendly because the carbs in beans are way too high. Some might use black soybeans, which are lower in carbs, but this is why we don’t recommend soy.
So, if we wants a keto chili recipe, we would have to make it a chili without beans. That’s really the only way to get rid of too many carbs in chili. Since beans are such a crucial component so we were a little unsure about it.
We are really glad that we decided to try our hands at keto chili without beans because it turned out perfect!
- Olive oil for frying
- 1/2 large Onion (chopped)
- 8 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 2 15-oz can Diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 6-oz can Tomato paste
- 1 4-oz can Green chiles (with liquid)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 medium Bay leaf (optional)
CROCK POT SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- Over medium-high heat in a lightly oiled skillet , heat the chopped onion for 5-7 mins, until it turns semi-transparent. Put garlic and heat for a minute until it’s fragrant.
Put ground beef. Breaking apart with a spatula heat for 8-10 mins, , until it’s browned.
- Put ground beef mixture into a slow cooker. Except bay leaf, put remaining ingredients, and stir until it’s well combined. If using, put bay leaf into the middle.
- On low heat for 6-8 hours. Bay leaf should be removed before serving.
Leave a Comment