Sandwiches, and specifically bread, are what I miss the most when on the keto diet. What should a woman do when the carb monster raises its alluring head, then? To Keto Cloud Bread now.
In all actuality, this serves as a substitute for bread. But it takes hardly any time to prepare, and requires a small number of components that you probably already have on hand. Additionally, it’s the finest cloud bread I’ve ever had. This is the procedure.
Describe Cloud Bread.
Since the 1970s, when the Atkins Diet made it popular worldwide, cloud bread has been a thing.
Three Tips for Making the Best Cloud Bread
Beat egg whites in a clean, dry basin.
The egg whites will whisk up smoothly into stiff peaks if the basin is clean. Make sure the yolk doesn’t get into the whites because the fat will reduce the egg whites’ ability to fluff up.
When incorporating the yolks into the whites, use caution. Just enough folding should be done to integrate the two mixes. You will lose air in the whites and they will start to flatten if you fold too frequently or violently.
The baked loaves should be allowed to cool almost completely.
Making Room for Cloud Bread in Your Diet
Most low-carb or no-carb diets, as well as those with high-protein and high-fat requirements, can accommodate cloud bread.
That covers the Atkins, Keto, vegetarian, gluten-free, and celiac diets. Anyone adhering to a dairy-free diet, such as Paleo or Whole30, can substitute cold solidified coconut milk for the cream cheese (from the top of the can). Remember that this will somewhat alter the flavor.
How to Enjoy Cloud Bread in Ingenious Ways
The enjoyable part is now! The cloud bread recipe has a number of alternative additions, and the ideas below go one step further by demonstrating how to turn your cloud bread (plain or flavored) into a dinner.
Warm up two loaves of the classic cloud bread, spread some mayo on top, and top with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado for cheesy BLTAs.
Garlic Parmesan Pizza: Top thin slices of fresh mozzarella with 2 tablespoons of canned sauce and garlic-parmesan cloud bread. Cloud bread should be crisp and the cheese melted.
Everything Cream cheese that has been softened and layered with lox and capers can be found on bagel cloud bread.
This is the Cloud Bread Tuna Melt.
Spread butter onto two Cinnamon Raisin Cloud bread loaves for the Vermont Grilled Turkey Sandwich. When the cheese has melted, close the sandwich and broil it.
More Delicious Recipes
Creating Cloud Bread
It takes only a few simple ingredients—many of which you probably already have on hand—and hardly any time to prepare this keto-friendly cloud bread.
Yield: 4 servings, 4 loaves
5 minutes for preparation
TIME TO COOK 35 minutes
- Three big eggs
- A half-teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 ounces of full-fat cream cheese, 3 teaspoons
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered onion
- two teaspoons of black
- Rounded baking pan
- Textured paper
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- miniature mixing bowl
- Warm up the oven. In the middle of the oven, put rack(emp. up to 300 degrees). Line baking sheet with parchment paper(with a rim).
- Divide the eggs. 3 large eggs should be separated; the whites should go in a stand mixer bowl or a large bowl, and the yolks should go in a smaller bowl.
- To the egg whites, add baking powder. The egg whites should have 1/2 teaspoon baking powder added.
- Whip the egg whites. Beat at medium-high speed for roughly 5 minutes with an electric hand mixer or 2 minutes with a stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
- The cream cheese is microwaved. In a small microwave-safe bowl, add 3 tablespoons of cream cheese. Microwave in 10-second bursts for 30 total seconds, or until extremely soft. Stir until smooth, then allow to gently cool.
- To the egg yolks, mix in the cream cheese and seasonings. The egg yolks should be combined with the cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/8 teaspoon onion powder.
- Whites and yolks should be combined. Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture and beaten egg whites after adding them until there are no longer any visible streaks.
- Onto the baking sheet, spoon the batter. Use a spoon to carefully flatten a quarter of the batter (approximately 3/4 cup) into a circular that is about 6 inches across on the baking sheet that has been prepped.
- Sesame seeds go on top. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds to each round.
- Bake. 25 to 28 minutes in the oven, or until golden brown Allow the baking sheet to cool for at least 20 minutes (the breads will firm up slightly as it cools). Lift the parchment paper gently.
Cool fully before storing. For up to three days in an airtight container.
Cloud Bread Substitutions
4 teaspoons of the Everything Spice Mix should be used in place of the sesame seeds (1 tablespoon each sesame seeds and poppy seeds, 2 teaspoons each dehydrated onion flakes and dehydrated minced garlic, 1 teaspoons flaky sea salt)
Green scallions: Incorporate 1/2 cup of them into the batter by slicing them thinly. Leave out the sesame seeds.
1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese and one black olive are mixed into the batter. 2 tablespoons of chopped, pitted black olives should be used in place of the sesame seeds.
Garlic Parmesan: Leave out the onion powder and add 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese along with 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
Omit the onion powder and add 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the batter instead of raisins. Take out the sesame seeds and add extra ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup of raisins.
Pumpkin Spice: Leave out the onion powder and add three tablespoons of pumpkin puree and one-third of a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the batter. Absent are the sesame seeds.
Per serving, based on 4 servings.
(% daily value)
8.0 g (12.2%)
3.3 g (16.6%)
1.3 g (0.4%)
0.2 g (0.8%)
5.6 g (11.2%)
137.7 mg (5.7%)