Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites. 2g net carbs for this whole plate! Zucchini rounds topped with cheese, marinara sauce, and little pepperonis, baked in the oven. A low-carb snack, appetizer/meal!
For these zucchini pizza bites, you need just FOUR simple ingredients
- marinara sauce
- mozzarella cheese
To punch out mini pepperonis from big pepperonis, I used a single-hole punch. But to cut them into little triangles or squares, you can go even easier and use kitchen shears. Or even get mini pepperonis in store!
Just bake for about 10 minutes after assembling until it gets melted and bubbling. The zucchini gets tender, but to hold up to being picked up is still strong enough. And doesn’t release a ton of moisture.
For a mini pizza bite, it’s the perfect vessel! Tastes just like a veggie pizza!
SERVINGS: 1 PREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOK TIME: 10 MINSTOTAL TIME: 25 MINS
- (I love using my mandoline)1 zucchini, sliced 3/8″ thick
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons mini pepperonis,
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF. With parchment paper, line a rimmed baking sheet for easy cleanup.
- In an even layer on the baking sheet, arrange the zucchinis. Top each with mini pepperonis, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce.
- Until the cheese is bubbling and melted, bake for TEN minutes. (At the end, I often like to broil it for 30-60 seconds so on the edges, it gets super crispy cheese that has melted over! My favorite part!)
- For 2-3 minutes, let it cool. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: This is enough to feed a few people as a snack or 1 person as a meal. You’ll need about half a zucchini per person if making for a crowd as an appetizer.
- Mini Pepperonis: In-store, you can buy mini pepperonis. Or! Get pepperonis(large) and cut them smaller. We prefer a single-hole punch (that for paper, you normally use, haha!). Or you could use kitchen shears cut into little triangles.
- Squash: With yellow squash, this would also work!
Prep Ahead: I would fully assemble it on a baking sheet if making this for an appetizer, and refrigerate it for up to 1 day. Then, bake and serve warm, when you’re guests are about to arrive!
- Leftovers: They get eaten too fast so we’ve never had leftovers of these, haha! But for up to 1 week, you could store them in an airtight container. Until it gets warm, could eat them cold or reheat them in a 400ºF oven again, about 5-10 minutes.
COURSE: APPETIZER, MAIN COURSE, SNACK
Total Carbs: 3.5g,
Net Carbs: 2g
Leave a Comment