An easy dinner idea that the entire family will enjoy, this CHEESY MEXICAN KETO TACO CASSEROLE is loaded with ground beef, topped with cheese, and then baked in the oven. Without the carbs, enjoy the taste of tacos!
At our home, it’s almost time for Taco Tuesday, and this week I made one of my favorite Mexican dishes(that happen to be keto friendly). For so many reasons, Taco casserole is great. Not only does it not sacrifice the taste of real tacosis, but it super easy!
While I enjoy this casserole as apart of my keto diet, as a matter of fact, – my family loves it too! When they want to, they still use chips to scoop up the casserole, so they don’t mind it at all!
KETO TACO CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
Ground Beef – This start with well-seasoned ground beef. We prefer lean ground beef to avoid excess oil.
Taco Seasoning(classic taco flavor).
Green Peppers, Onion, & Garlic – These are sauteed with the ground beef, and add an extra layer of flavor.
Eggs – For the casserole, the egg acts as a binder and keeps everything together. Don’t worry, once the recipe is baked, you won’t even be able to taste the egg.
Cheese – On top of the casserole, to melt.
Toppings – With all of my favorite keto friendly toppings, I like to top the casserole once it’s done baking.
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On medium-high heat in a skillet heated, with the green peppers, onions, and garlic, brown the ground beef.
- Drain the excess oil once the beef is no longer pink using a strainer and return the beef mixture back to the pan. Stir in the taco seasoning.
- To a casserole dish, transfer the beef mixture and spread it out evenly.
- Combine the eggs and half of the shredded cheese in a small bowl. Until the eggs are lightly beaten, stir the mixture. Next, into the casserole dish, pour the egg mixture evenly over the beef. To ensure that the cheese gets in between the meat, mix the casserole a bit.
- With the remaining cheese, top the casserole evenly, and until the cheese is melted and bubbly, bake uncovered for TWENTY FIVE minutes.
- Remove it from the oven once the casserole is done and top with your favorite keto taco toppings.
- Serve immediately.
CHEESY MEXICAN KETO TACO CASSEROLE
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 21g
SATURATED FAT: 9g
TRANS FAT: 1g
UNSATURATED FAT: 9g