Keto Cilantro Lime Tri-Tip Empanadas are made with fathead dough and full of delicious and flavorful cilantro-lime tri-tip.
Probably one of my favorite things to eat! And this is why we came up with this fun way to make them keto. You could have low-carb empanadas, who would have thought? We are glad to tell you that it is possible and it is delicious!
Really easy to make and only has a few ingredients:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Made with fathead dough and stuffed with cilantro-lime tri-tip, Keto, and low carb empanadas for an easy and delicious snack or meal. Great for game day!
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- (cut into cubes) 3 cups cooked tri-tip,
- (1 package)Kevin’s Natural Cilantro Lime Sauce
Toppings of choice:
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together Kevin’s Natural Cilantro Lime sauce and tri-tip in a bowl. Put it aside.
- To a bowl, add mozzarella and cream cheese and for one minute, microwave. Take out and stir well, then for another minute, put back in the microwave. Stir well.
- To mozzarella and cream cheese mixture, add egg and mix well. Then put almond flour and again, combine well.
- With a rolling pin or with a piece of plastic wrap on top, roll the dough flat and use a wine bottle. Use a bowl to cut circle shapes once you’ve rolled it flat, about 1/4″ thick.
- Form into a ball, for excess dough, then roll out again and until all the dough has been used, repeat the process.
- Lay on a greased(lightly) cooking sheet, parchment paper/or silicone baking mat.
- Into each circle, place a couple of spoonfuls of meat on one half of the dough and then fold the other half over. On the edges, make sure to press down firmly. To make sure they’re together well, you can also slightly roll the edges or use a fork to gently push down the edges.
- Cook at 425 degrees for TWELVE minutes until starting to turn golden brown once you’ve made all the empanadas.
You can do a couple of things to help if the dough is too sticky to work with: to the dough, add a little more Almond Flour, for 15 minutes before working with it, put the dough in the fridge or freezer, or rub some olive oil onto your hands.
Instead of Almond Meal, it’s really important to use Almond Flour.
Amount per serving.
Leave a Comment