These flavorful keto empandas are prepared with fathead dough and a delectable ground beef filling, and you’re going to love them. These are delicious!
You’ll adore these because they’re so fantastic! Once a month, I cook them for my family.
TO USE WHAT FILLING?
Ground beef, onions, garlic, and spices make a great, tasty filling.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- (6 oz) 1 ½ cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese, cubed
- (3 oz) ¾ cup blanched finely ground almond flour
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet(rimmed) with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in skillet, over medium-high temp. Add the onion and beef and heat, into small pieces, stir to break down the beef , until beef is no longer red, about four mins. Drain.
- To the skillet, return the drained beef mixture. Add the smoked paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic. Cook, stirring, one more min. Take it out from heat and put it aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, put mozzarella, to make the Fathead dough. Put cubed cream cheese on top. Microwave for thirty secs. By using a rubber spatula, Stir, then microwave for thirty more secs. Stir again, then mix in the almond flour – dough won’t come together yet.
- With the spatula, add the egg and mix well, then work the batter into slightly sticky, elastic, smooth dough by using hands.
- Between 2 parchment sheets, place the Fathead dough, and roll to ⅛-in. thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut as many 3.5-inch circles. Re-roll the scraps. Cut more circles. Make about twelve circles.
- On the prepared baking sheet, place the dough circles. On one half of each circle, place a heaping tbsp. of the beef mixture, leaving a ½-in. border, then to make a half-circle, fold the dough over and pinch the edges closed.
- Bake the empanadas for ten mins. Turn them over, and bake 8-10 mins longer, until it turns golden brown. Cool for ten mins before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Serving: two keto empanadas | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 378mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g