A perfect keto side dish. KETO LOW CARB FRIED OKRA is not only crunchy but deliciously salty which makes for the perfect (and irresistible) combination!
One of my favorite childhood recipes. You are really missing out, if you’ve never had fried okra (AKA Southern Popcorn)! It’s SO easy to make and it’s a delicious side dish or snack.
- 1 lb Fresh Okra
- Beef Tallow or other frying oil(Enough for about ¼ inch on the bottom of skillet)
- ⅓ cup super fine almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Into approximately ¼ inch slices, slice the okra, removing stems
- In a cast iron skillet(large), heat the tallow, on medium high heat for frying.
- Take a bowl(medium) and – with the salt and pepper, combine the almond flour, then add the sliced okra. Toss until the okra is coated(thoroughly).
- To the hot oil, add the okra and gently stir continuously. Remove from the skillet once the okra has browned, and allow to drain on paper towels.
KETO LOW CARB FRIED OKRA
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 650IU
Vitamin C: 21mg
Leave a Comment