Make KETO MEXICAN GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE with simple ingredients and pile it high with toppings.
This KETO MEXICAN GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE is a sure win, if you’re looking for a one-dish low carb Mexican dinner for Taco Tuesday (or any day!), to add to your rotation. Loaded with veggies and protein… you won’t even miss the carbs! 😉
WHAT GOES WITH MEXICAN CASSEROLE?
It’s a complete meal! You don’t need anything on the side. But, you do need toppings
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
Or a few prepared toppings, too:
- Fresh tomato salsa
- Avocado salsa verde
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 4 cups Cooked cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- (drained very well) 1 10-oz can Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 large Bell peppers (diced)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 lb Ground beef
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Taco seasoning
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- Tomatoes (diced)
- Jalapenos (sliced)
- Avocados (sliced)
- Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- In a skillet, cook cauliflower rice like this, with 1/2 tsp sea salt and One tbsp. avocado oil.
- With green chiles, stir in the drained diced tomatoes. To the bottom of a glass casserole dish(9×13), transfer the mixture. Put it aside.
- To remove any cauliflower pieces, wipe down the skillet. Over medium heat, heat another tbsp. of oil, then add the onions and bell peppers. Until soft and starting to brown, saute for 10-15 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Over the cauliflower rice, arrange the vegetables in the casserole dish. On top with a spatula, spread sour cream evenly. Put it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To the pan, add the ground beef and increase heat to medium-high. For about Ten minutes, heat, breaking apart with a spatula, until it gets browned.
- Put water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, then until it thickens and taco meat forms, simmer for 2-5 minutes.
- Over the casserole dish, spread the beef mixture evenly. On top, sprinkle with shredded Mexican cheese.
- Until the cheese is melted and casserole is hot, bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Amount per serving
Leave a Comment