For simplicity reasons, a lot of keto quiches skip the crust, but it’s perfectly doable to have your crust and eat it too. We put a simple crust together for this recipe then pack it full of eggs and pizza toppings. This Keto Pepperoni Pizza Quiche will have you dreaming of breakfast.
The Pie Crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- One teaspoon vinegar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1 large egg, whisked together
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Into a food processor, add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, xanthan gum, and vinegar. Add the cold butter after pulsing a few times. Until the pie dough looks like bread crumbs, continue pulsing. To the food processor, add the egg and pulse again. The dough will form into a ball. Chill for 45-60 minutes after wrapping with plastic wrap.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. With nonstick spray, grease a pie plate and a piece of foil then put it aside.
3. Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper when the dough is chilled. Into a 10-inch circle, roll the dough out. Peel the top layer of parchment off and into the pie plate, flip the dough if the dough breaks mash it back together(with your fingers).
4. Inside the pie crust, layer half of the mozzarella and pepperoni. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
5. Into the pie crust, pour the eggs, coating the pepperoni and cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining pepperoni and cheese.
6. For about 35-45 minutes, cover with foil then bake. Remove the foil and For another 15 minutes, continue baking until the eggs are fully set.
This makes a total of 8 servings.
4.41g Net Carbs,