This uses simple ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes!
QUICK KETO SKILLET LASAGNA
Best way to handle busy work weeks with a family, is having simple recipes with just a few ingredients . When you can make simple low carb dinners that the whole family will enjoy and not complain about, that is priceless!
Even better is knowing it’s keto and low carb, and the family won’t even notice!
This has all the traditional flavors of a traditional lasagna, minus the carby pasta!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- One clove garlic peeled and chopped
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- (with some extra for garnish) ¼ teaspoon fresh basil
- 14 ounces marinara sauce unsweetened
- (chopped into 1″ squares) 4 cups green cabbage
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves optional
- Over high heat, heat a skillet(large) and add your olive oil.
- For a minute or two, cook the garlic and onions until they are fragrant and translucent.
- Season the ground beef and cook until it gets browned.
- To the beef, add the seasonings(Italian seasonings and basil) and stir through.
- Place the sauce in the pan and until the sauce is combined well, stir through the beef.
- Add the cabbage squares to the pan and until they are incorporated, stir gently.
(It may look like there is too much cabbage but it’s alright because it cooks and will reduce in volume.)
- For a further 15 minutes, cook over a gentle heat, until the cabbage is just tender.
- Stir the mozzarella through the sauce and then over the top, dollop the ricotta.
- Finish with a sprinkle of scatter of fresh basil leaves and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine all the cheese.
- Serve & enjoy!
Net Carbs 6g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat: 12g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 94IU
Vitamin C: 18mg